It took Section.80 2,144 days to go gold. Kendrick Lamar‘s 2011 full-length debut has sold it’s 500,000 copy. RIAA gave it the Gold stamp of certification on April 14th, the same day Kendrick released DAMN..
Save for his 2015 demo compilation untitled unmastered., the certification of Section.80 now makes Kendrick a perfect three-for-three in album certifications—not including his newly-released masterpiece DAMN., which is currently on pace to sell close to 500k first-week copies.
But the Gold lining wouldn’t be considered his highest recognition, as his 2015 album, To Pimp A Butterfly went three Gold and one Platinum shortly after its release. Not to mention, 2013’s good kid, m.A.A.d city also scored Platinum certification 10 months after its release.
Section.80 was K.Dot’s first album released independently through TDE, before he officially inked a deal with Aftermath and Interscope.
- Your Type Viktoh
- Blood On The Surface Mikky Ekko
- ISIS M.I.A.
- Why DJ Neptune ft. Runtown
- In This Party Sean Paul & Wayne Wonder
- Ojere Mafikizolo, Nyashinski & Dremo 03:39
- Alofo Nasty C, Runtown & Denise 03:07
- Freedom Steve Angello ft Pusha T
- Mustang Miley Cyrus
- Hold On Mahalia ft Buddy
- Changed Gucci Mane ft Big Sean
- Regalame Mario Bautista
- Little More Maurice Moore
- True Nigerian Dream Season 5 Mix Dj Baddo